January 04, 2012
Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis currently has an opening for Marketing and Communications Associate. A complete job description and candidate requirements are listed below. Qualified candidates please send resume and detailed cover letter, including salary requirements, by 5pm on Monday, January 23, 2012, to Anna Keith, Marketing and Communications Manager, at email@example.com. Email submissions only. NO phone calls, please.
Marketing and Communications Associate
Purpose: To further the mission of Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis (HFHSL) by assisting the organization with external communications and marketing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Assist in production and updates to all organizational external communications. This would include materials promoting the ReStore or Cars for Homes programs.
B. Maintain inventory of all HFHSL presentation materials, including giveaway items, presentation board, tablecloths, etc. Assist other staff in preparing for presentation events when needed.
C. Maintain and update the HFHSL website, as well as all social media (Facebook, Twitter).
- Monitor and updating the website content regularly (in some cases, as provided by HFHSL staff)
- Create interesting and exciting content for HFHSL blog
- Providing regular updates on Twitter and Facebook
D. Create and send external e-newsletters.
- Collecting content from fellow staff/volunteers
- Using web-based software to formatting appropriately and sending on schedule
- Assist other staff, including Volunteer Services Manager and Office Manager as needed when using software.
E. Support all HFHSL events and 3rd party events. This could mean:
- Creating invitations
- Creating online forms to collect RSVPs and collecting RSVPs over the phone
- Assisting in all aspects of promotion
- Creating event signage and/or programs as needed
- Assisting with set up and/or delivering materials needed
- Being physically present at the event
- Assisting in reconciliation of funds after the event
- Maintaining spreadsheet of all donors for events to ensure proper thank you notes are sent
F. Oversee and organize the photos for HFHSL by:
- Managing and coordinating a volunteer photographer schedule
- Ensuring that all photos are organized efficiently and posted on the HFHSL website using our online photo library in a timely manner, as well as properly stored electronically within our system
- Taking photos at events and on the Habitat build site when a volunteer photographer is not available
G. Order all site signage and work with fellow staff to ensure it is delivered and placed appropriately.
H. Other Duties as assigned
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or have equivalent work experience;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to be creative;
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands in an extremely fast paced, ever changing environment, while maintaining a commitment to excellence;
- Must possess exceptional writing skills;
- Must be well-organized, detail oriented, and possess the ability to work independently, as well as the ability to work well with diverse individuals;
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite and have experience in Adobe Creative Suite;
- Must have experience in basic graphic design and photography;
- Must possess a computer, as this role may have remote access responsibilities;
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends;
- Must have reliable transportation, enabling travel as needed to perform job duties.
Responsible to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Work Schedule: This is a full time position. Generally Monday through Friday; with some evenings/weekends required as needed for meetings or events.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand, and/or work on a computer, for long periods; walk up and down stairs multiple times throughout the day; and lift at least 25 pounds.
Responsible for (direct or indirect oversight): Marketing and Communications Intern(s) and volunteers
Salary and Benefits: Salary determined based on experience. Vacation time and benefits offered after introductory period on a pro-rated basis.