As 2016 comes to an end, we’d like to look back at some of our favorite moments that happened, on and off the build site!
10. Maintenance Reviews and Maintenance Refresher workshops began for all of our homeowners. Habitat Saint Louis’ construction crews are meeting with homebuyers before their 1 year anniversary of closing to go discuss maintenance information. Each homeowner does a 2 hour walk through of their home with construction before closing to go over how everything works — HVAC, plumbing, electric, windows, cleaning, and overall maintenance of systems.
9. We had another great Executive Build day where many executives had the chance to build a house and build their business contacts, too. For those who are not familiar with our Executive Build, it is a unique build day opportunity for CEOs and other executive-level business associates to join together to build lasting connections while helping build a stronger St. Louis community. We’re already looking forward to 2017’s Executive Build day!
8. Hop House was such a great 3rd party fundraiser during St. Louis Craft Beer Week! Partnering with Stay Connected, Saint Louis Hop Shop, Rockwell Beer Co., Earthbound Beer and Byrd & Barrelto raise awareness about the importance of safe, affordable housing was a blast. Add the delicious beer and food, what more could you ask for?
7. Kurt and Brenda Warner helping two of our deserving homebuyers get a completely decked out home before Christmas was amazing. We’d so grateful to keep partnering with the Warner’s and we’re thankful they still think of St. Louis as part of their home.
6. Our Volunteer Appreciation lunch at Element was so much fun! Honoring all of our dedicated volunteers to a delicious meal, while learning more about them was a heartfelt moment for sure.
5. This September, homebuyer Sharon completed her 30-year mortgage five years ahead of schedule! She’s never missed a payment, nor was she ever late. Hearing how becoming a homeowner impacted her life and her family’s life gives all of us here at Habitat Saint Louis warm and fuzzy feelings.
4. We had an amazing time at Katie’s Pizza & Pasta Osteria for their Giveback Tuesday event this past month! Each month, Katie’s Pizza & Pasta donates 100% of their profits to a charity of their choice. We’re so grateful to have partnered with them and even more grateful that Home Buy Design matched Katie’s donation!
3. Ground breaking in Hazelwood, Missouri definitely was a memorable moment in 2016. We’re so excited to be building in Hazelwood for the first time and look forward to building more homes in the Hazelwood community come 2017.
2. KMOV Home 4 The Holidays was another one of our favorite events of 2016! We were blessed with great weather and amazing partners to help build homebuyer, Fornisha, and her family a new home in 10 days. Yes, in just 10 days, we built a home. How amazing is that?!
1. Turning 30 years old was a wonderful moment and achievement for us in 2016! Many of us here at Habitat Saint Louis think about all the families (almost 400), all the volunteers (thousands upon thousands), and all the amazing donors who have kept the dream of affordable housing and community activism alive in St. Louis.
We hope you had a great 2016 and we hope your 2017 is even better!